Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and many are quickly securing dinner reservations, ordering flowers and picking up nifty gifts their loved one will adore. If you want to go a less conventional route and use crypto instead of cash or cards, check out our V-Day shopping list.
- A Romantic Getaway – Everybody loves a vacation, better yet a romantic getaway with a significant other. This Valentine’s Day, use your cryptocurrency gains to book your next adventure through Expedia. The site lets you book your hotel, cruise and even excursions in one place… and you can pay for it all with Bitcoin.
- Xbox – Depending on who you’re shopping for, an Xbox just might be the perfect gift for that special someone. Microsoft accepts bitcoin for purchases over $100, so go wild and throw in an extra remote and a few games.
- Diamonds – We all know diamonds are a girl’s best friend, and now you can buy diamond jewelry with cryptocurrencies on Overstock.com. But the gift-giving options don’t stop there. At Overstock, you can purchase everything from jewelry and electronics to home goods and clothing, and they’ll accept payment in the form of Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Dash, Monero and NEM.
- A trip to space – For the thrill seeker, we’ve nailed down the perfect experience – a trip to space. Virgin Galactic, part of the Virgin Group, is on a mission to make access to space travel a reality for the masses. They’ve built the first-ever private fleet of passenger-carrying spacecraft. While the price tag of buying a Virgin Galactic ticket to space is about $250,000, they do indeed accept Bitcoin.
- Finding Love – For bitcoin investors without a valentine this year, don’t fret! Online dating site Badoo accepts bitcoin as payment for membership fees. So if you’re not out shopping for a loved one, you can still shop for love.
As the cryptocurrency space continues to expand and crypto companies strive to build trust with consumers, we expect more and more retailers will begin accepting cryptocurrencies as a form of payment. Until widespread acceptance is reached, you’ve still got some pretty sweet options to buy the apple of your eye.